Saturday, July 2, 2011

Made in June


I had some time for sewing in June, even though I had company for the entire month! I made this baby quilt for a friend of my daughter's baby girl. I was instructed to make it in this color scheme with "Amy Butler" beachy fabrics, whatever that is. So, there's Amy Butler fabric and some other ones, with some sand, seahorses, and shells mixed in.
I had seen this quilt that Terry Curry had made and loved it, so I decided to use that pattern for the baby quilt. It's from the "Jelly Roll Quilts" book.
In case you have a bird cage that you don't know what to do with because you don't have a bird, or you keep wanting to buy a bird cage that you have no use for but you want one anyway, here's a helpful hint for you! I put all of my strips inside it after I cut them and pulled them out of there to sew them! It worked great, you could pull from anywhere, top bottom, middle of the pile and you could see enough to easily grab whatever color strip you would like to use next. And it looked a lot better than my usual random pile falling all over the place! Just saying!
My big giant hexagons multiplied nicely.
I really like them!
I'm using all Kaffe Fasset giant flowered fabrics. I have 18 done so far.
Not bad for a busy month time wise! I hope July is as productive for me!