Thursday, March 12, 2009

March of the Tools

A quick Flea Market Fancy update:  We sold out of #'s 4, 6, 8, 10, & 12 today.  The rest we still have in stock.  Thank you for all the phone calls!
Last year Heather Bailey designated the month of March to blog about her favorite tools - be it sewing, food, whatever.  This year she has invited people to join her March of the Tools 2009.  On the right hand side of the screen is her March of the Tools icon that you can click on and go to her blog where you will find a list of other participating blogs to check out.  
So that brings me to the first tool I'll tell you about.  I'm really not a gadget person but there are some things I consider necessary.  I really like the Binding and Hem clips (formally known as hair clips) that take the place of pins when you sew your binding on a quilt.  They're wonderful!  They work great, they don't stab you, and they're easy to use.  If you haven't tried them, you should!
I keep mine in a magnetic dish I bought in an automotive parts store. It's cool!  You can turn the dish upside down and knock it off the table onto the floor and not spill a clip.
Try it, you'll like it!