Saturday, May 1, 2010

Catching Up

I'm late! The class schedule is finally done. There's a link on the right to click to see it. There's also a link for information about a Red Sox Kids Quilt Contest. And a link to info about a day we've set aside (July 14) to make sports theme quilts to give to the Wrapped Up In Sports, Inc. organization for them to give to children in medical, social, and mental-health need. It's been a week of paperwork for me!
Back to quilting! Willie is teaching this tablerunner today! I know, I'm late! If you're saying "I wish I would have known sooner!" have no worries! Willie will show you how to make it on any Friday. She's in the classroom every Friday so you can make tablerunners, bags, quilts, etc. with her help.
Here's another colorway. Click it to see the detail. The ends are pleated and there's a gathered piece in the middle.
Let me introduce you to Polly Poons! For those of you who don't know, Polly was Juliet Low's pet bird. Juliet Low was the the founder of the Girl Scouts of America. Barbara Finnerty made Polly in her honor and brought her in to hang out with the rest of the flock.
Nicole Koloski made this tongue-in-cheek crow, waiting to be served at the Piping Plover Cafe.
He's seated at a Robert Kaufman Kona Roll that just came in. Pretty colors!