Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Tree

Merry Christmas Eve! This is my tree. It has quite an assortment of things hanging on it. I took some pictures of some of the ornaments I've made over the years and a few others.
One year I made a zillion of these snowmen. Some with the star on it's head, and some with the star on the scarf. These are my shoes from when I was a little girl.
My Grandma crocheted the little stocking. A long time ago I made the mouse in the Santa hat and the oval Santa with the cinnamon stick.
Here are Joel's baby sneakers. I have a picture of him wearing them as an infant. Keri's shoes are below them.
More snowmen and a couple of cross stitch ornaments. My color choices haven't changed much since the 80's.
This cross stitch ornament is about one and a half inches. I don't know what I was thinking. We had a lack of ornaments back then, so I made them, but a little bigger would have been better. I do not take credit for the frog thing. I have no idea where it came from or why it's on the tree. The beaded candy cane was a Brownie project, though.
This is not hand made, but one of my favorites. A dressed up lamb with a halo on it's foot. You don't see that everyday! It used to hang on my parents tree when I was little and I always took it and put it in the manger, usually in the loft.
Do you have dolls on your tree?
We have a couple.

This is an original Elf On The Shelf. It was my Grandma's.
Here's Louie! She does enjoy sitting under the tree.